Day 11:35 am
The SEAI’s Partnership Programme aims to help Public Sector Bodies:
- save money;
- improve the environment;
- meet national obligations by making significant reductions in their energy usage.
Since 2011: Public Sector bodies have been obliged to include an energy efficiency statement in their annual reports.
Since 2011: Public bodies, including schools, have been obliged to monitor and report energy use to SEAI.
2011 – 2013: SEAI is implementing a monitoring and reporting system for Public Sector bodies, which will entail:
- Monitoring of progress towards attainment of the 33% target;
- Compiling of statistics on the Public Sector;
- Adding value where possible.
By end 2012: First full year of reporting.
By 2020: Statutory requirement for all Public Sector organisations to have reduced their energy consumption by 33%.
Objective: To achieve 3% energy savings per annum.
Arkman Engineering is part of the Partnership Programme. We are appointed and funded by SEAI.
We will provide dedicated, tailored support and will work with you to:
- assess the potential to save within your organisation;
- develop an annual Energy Action Plan;
- implement the plan by undertaking specific, targeted actions that save at least 3% per annum.
“We can create a more sustainable, cleaner and safer world by making wiser energy choices.”continue reading
Robert Alan Silverstein